LKAS PhD Scholarships Application Process
Application deadline: 5.00pm, Friday 11 January 2019
Of the 16 potential projects advertised here only 8 scholarships will be awarded based on the quality of the applicant.
The Selection Committee will meet on 29 January 2019 and the decision of the selection committee will be communicated to you by the project supervisor.
- Prospective students should review the project proposal and make contact with the Lead Supervisor of the project to discuss their eligibility for the project.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants may submit applications, via email to the Lead Supervisor, up until the application deadline of 5pm, Friday 11 January 2019.
- Please read the project description carefully and note that their may be project specific application directions in addition to the generic guidance noted here regarding the information you must provide.
The following documentation will be required from applicants if they are invited to submit a full application:
- LKAS Scholarships Application Form
- 2 references in support of your application. (The references relevant to the application for admission to Glasgow for PhD study may be submitted to this process – they do not need to be tailored to this process.)
- Degree transcripts in English (Undergraduate and Masters, if relevant)
- Candidates whose first language is not English must show evidence of appropriate competence in English in the form of an IELTS certificate or similar.
Each project team will select their preferred candidate whose details will be forwarded to the selection panel by 10.30am, Monday 21 January 2019. Applicants should be aware that even if chosen by the project team as their nominated candidate there is no guarantee that they will be awarded a scholarship.
Applicants are strongly advised to apply for alternative funding by searching the University's Scholarships and Funding database.