The application process for the Student-led Open Competition, for ESRC-funded PhD studentships.
ESRC Funded Studentships - How To Apply
Key Dates and Deadlines
Dates for the competition are now available below:
- SGSSS Apply opens for applications 1 October 2021.
- Contact the relevant Pathway Representatives with their application (preferably before Monday 29 November 2021) to allow them to provide feedback.
- 5.00pm, 9 December 2021 - Deadline for applicants to upload their application documentation to SGSSS Apply.
- 5:00pm, 13 December 2021 - Deadline for referees to return references.
- By 5:00pm 31 January 2022 - Shortlisted candidates will be informed by Pathway representatives.
- 5.00pm, 9 February 2022 - shortlisted applicants to upload final versions of their applications along with their supervisor statement.
- Applicants should also complete an application for study at the University of Glasgow.
- By 5:00pm, 13 May 2022 - All successful candidates will be notified. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified at each of the review stages.