- Director, Centre for Development, Environment and Policy - SOAS University of London
Tom is a development geographer with a background in environmental change, development studies, environmental economics and political science. He specialises in building resilience and adaptation to climate change through research, policy and practice.
His research interests include:
- climate change policy and planning
- anticipatory decision-making
- urban resilience
- policy processes and political economy
- child-led approaches to resilience
He has extensive research experience in South Asia leading research partnership funded by ESRC, DFID, World Bank and the Rockefeller Foundation, among others.
Tom has authored numerous research articles (Google Scholar), co-authored of the leading textbook on Climate Change and Development (2014, Routledge) and edited a book on innovations in Disaster Risk Management (2017, Springer).