- Director, Centre for Energy Transition - University of Aberdeen
Dr Tavis Potts is a Reader in Environmental Geography and interim Director of the Centre for Energy Transition. . Dr Potts is engaged in research projects and policy initiatives that work with coastal communities and industries in developing ecosystem based approaches to marine planning; energy transition, conservation and management. Topics include:
- Understanding and evaluating the concept of a Just Transition in the UK and the international context.
- Deepening and innovating societal engagement process around energy transition
- Analysing the policy response and effectivness of the energy transition.
- Linking the conceptual and practical applicaitons of Natural Captial and biodiversity conservation with Net Zero.
- Developing participatory and survey based approaches to map social values, perspectives on energy transition and environmental governance.
- Understanding the emergence, effectiveness and role of the blue and green economy.