- Reader and Director of Postgraduate Teaching in the School of GeoSciences - University of Edinburgh
My main interests are in policy on decarbonisation options and understanding:
- stakeholder and public perceptions and attitudes (and what explains these using ideas from the social sciences)
- thinking through the implications of public perceptions for project design, implementation and communication
- understanding the dynamics of public policy decision-making in public sectors regarding decarbonisation optoins (and using social science ideas to better understand such dynamics)
- My main empirical research areas are CO2 capture and storage (power plants and industrial facilities), bioenergy, biochar and geothermal heat extraction.