- Head of Department - Geography and Environmental Science - Liverpool Hope University
I am an expert in coastal dune ecology, geomorphology and conservation management. My research interest in coastal dunes are focused on the following themes:
- Dune dynamics
- The conservation management of golf links courses
- The implications for dune management of historic agricultural land use
- The management and removal of dune forestry plantations for the restoration of open dunes
- Dune restoration
- The maintenance and development of restored dune areas following recreational damage
- Coastal sand dune nature reserve management and evaluations of their practices and results
- Good practice and experience in coastal dune management
Current dune research projects include 'Large-scale environmental drivers of coastal dune mobility' (co-investigator) and the 'Coastal change and golf links' project' (Principal investigator).
I am ordained as a permanent deacon in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Liverpool. Related to this I am a lead investigator for the Ministry Research Project. The aim of the project is to improve the strategic planning and evidence-based decision making relating to the deployment of the rich resource of permanent deacons in the Archdiocese of Liverpool and to evaluate the Archdiocesan Pastoral Associates Pilot Project.