- Senior Lecturer - Northumbria University
Dr. Maryam Bayati joined Northumbria University as a senior lecturer in May 2020. She possessed several year work experience in Materials Engineering, nanotechnology and energy and environment sectors both in academia and industry. She was awarded a PhD from the University of Liverpool, under the supervision of Professor David Schiffrin. Her thesis was entitled Electrocatalysis by Nanomaterial in Low-temperature Fuel Cell. She received her MSc (Distinction) and BSc (Distinction) from Sharif University of Technology and University of Tehran respectively as the best student of the year in her disciplines.
She was recipient of some awards including CKIP grant from Sheffield Hallam University in 2019 and a full scholarship toward PhD. She has published in several high-impact factor international journals as a first and corresponding author. She filed a patent application in collaboration with AFC Energy Company. Her research results were delivered at 27 national and international conferences including invited and keynote talks in France, Germany, Spain, China and Japan.
Over more than 15 years of experience working on different fields of Materials Science and Engineering, she has successfully participated into completion of two EPSRC, two FP7 (the seventh framework programme for research and technological development) and two Innovate UK projects.
- Ammonia Mittigation
- CO2 Conversion
- Hyrdrogen evolution catalysts using non-precious metals
- Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology
- Electrocatalysts, Photocatalysts, Graphene-based Nanostructured Materials
- Energy Storage and Conversion Systems by Employing Electrochemical Technologies (Fuel Cells, Electrolyzers, Metal-Air and Redox Batteries)
- Waste water Treatment (Electro-dialysis and Reverse Electro-dialysis)