Marco J Haenssgen
- Assistant Professor in Global Sustainable Development - University of Warwick
I am a mixed-methods researcher in development studies, focusing geographically on Asia and thematically on human behaviour and policy implementation in contexts of marginalisation and societal change (eg. technology diffusion).
My research currently investigates:
- the social context of antimicrobial resistance (a global health priority)
- exploring rural healthcare-seeking behaviours
- how people understand antibiotics and illness
- their constraints in accessing healthcare
- the intended and unintended consequences of health interventions.
With my return from tropical medicine back to the field of global sustainable development, I am applying similar questions to other domains such as employment search and government service access.