- Professor of Thermofluids - University of Glasgow
- Gasification (Bioenergy), Combustion, Pyrolysis, Waste-to-energy, CO2 utilisation in gasification and negative emission (e.g. BECCUS). http://www.combgen.gla.ac.uk/.
- Hydrogen and hydrogen-rich biosyngas (renewable fuels) production and utilisation/combustion for the decarbonisation of energy sector including heating.
- Solar thermal and hybrid/integrated renewable/sustainable energy systems with emphasis on efficient thermal energy storage by nanofluids & phase change materials.
- Multiphase reacting and non-reacting thermofluids with heat and mass transfer, and development and application of advanced computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
- Development and demonstration of innovative, affordable, reliable and sustainable energy systems, addressing the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) for ODA Nations (e.g. SSA/SA countries).