- Senior Lecturer in Operations Management - Aston Business School
Luciano is Director of CEAS (Centre for Circular Economy and Advanced Sustainability) at Aston Business School, Aston University, Birmingham-UK. He is also Principal Investigator of the EPSRC UKMSN+ (UK Manufacturing Symbiosis NetworkPlus – www.ukmsn.ac.uk), a large community of academics and practitioners concerned with industrial transitions to the circular economy.
Luciano also contributes to other groups of national relevance to the UK academia, industry and governamnt, such as the All-Party Parliamentary Manufacturing Group (APMG) and the HVM (High Value Manufacturing - https://hvm.catapult.org.uk) Catapult.
He is also Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) in the UK, where he contributes to the Institute’s LRN (Logistics Research Network) forum, as well as member of the Microeconomics of Competitiveness group at Harvard Business School.
His research interests include:
- Sustainable supply chains and operations management
- Circular economy business models
- Industrial symbiosis innovations for the circular economy
- Digital technology applications on sustainable operations and supply chains
- Sustainability competitiveness
- Circular economy policy and governance