- Professor, Chair and Director of the European Centre for Environment and Human Health - University of Exeter, Medical School
As Director at the European Centre for Environment and Human Health, Professor Fleming works in the areas of Oceans and Human Health and Healthy Workplaces. Working with various Centre colleagues and others, she has performed research in:
- Human health exposures and effects of harmful algal bloom toxins
- Effects to human health of microbial pollution
- Oceans and Human Health
- big data in environment and human health
- Health disparities in the workplace
Professor Fleming has also created outreach and educational materials concerning the human health effects of marine and freshwater natural toxins and occupational health issues.
She has recieved the Ocean and Human Awards from the Edouard Delcroix Foundation (2014) and the IOC Bruun Award (2015).
Prof Fleming is leading the H2020 funded Projects, BlueHealth (https://bluehealth2020.eu) to explore the connections between blue environments and human health; and Seas, Oceans and Public Health in Europe (SOPHIE) (https://sophie2020.eu) to establish a network and create a strategic research agenda for Ocean and Human Health in Europe and beyond.