- Professor of Environmental Politics - University of Plymouth
My main research interests are:
- The negotiation and governance of emissions trading schemes and other carbon pricing instruments, with particular foci on the EU, UK, Germany, Australia and New Zealand
- Social acceptance of marine and onshore renewable energy, in particular on debates on environmental and social justice in renewable-energy siting decisions and community engagement on offshore energy developments.
- The negotiation of framework climate legislation and development of local net zero carbon plans.
- Political strategies for addressing resistance to the introduction and strengthening of national climate policies.