- Head of Marketing and Cultural Creative Industries - University of Sheffield
My research interest includes climate change and consumer behaviour with a focus on behavioural change. I am leading a project on influencer marketing for promoting climate change action (https://whiterose.ac.uk/collaborationfunds/unleashing-the-power-of-influencer-marketing-to-stimulate-prosocial-causes/). I have developed an integrated model for sustainable recreation plan based on climate suitability. I also invented an index, called fuzz-based tourism climate index, that measure favourability of climate for tourism activities. I have proposed a framework for operationalisation of insurance for the tourism climate. Further information about my works is provided in the following publications and the model.
- Olya, H.,Alipour, H., Peyravi, B., Dalir, S., (2019). Tourism climate insurance: implications and prospects, Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 24 (4), 269-280. Doi: 1080/10941665.2018.1564338.
- Olya, H. (2019). Overlooking Weather Conditions in Mega-Events Management. Current issues in tourism, 22(1), 16-20. doi: 1080/13683500.2017.1377160.
- Olya, H.,& Altinay, L., (2016). Asymmetric Modeling of Intention to Purchase Tourism Weather Insurance and Loyalty. Journal of Business Research. 69(8), 2791-2800. doi: 1016/j.jbusres.2015.11.015.
- Katircioglu, S., Dalir, S., & Olya, H.,(2016). Is a Clean Development Mechanism Project Economically Justified? Case Study of an International Carbon Sequestration Project. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 23 (1), 504-513. doi: 1007/s11356-015-5256-2.
- Olya, H.& Alipour H., (2015). Modelling Tourism Climate Indices through Fuzzy Logic, Climate Research. 66 (1), 49-63. doi: 3354/cr01327.
- Olya, H.& Alipour, H., (2015). Risk assessment of precipitation and Tourism Climate Index. Tourism Management, 50, 73-80. doi: tourman.2015.01.010.
- Olya, H.& Alipour, H., (2015). Developing a Climate-based Recreation Management System for a Mediterranean Island, Fresenius Environmental Bulletin. 24(12),4125-4141.
- Alipour, H. & Olya, H.(2014). Sustainable Planning Model toward Reviving Lake Urmia. Journal of Water Resources Development. 31 (4), 519-539. doi:1080/07900627.2014.949636.