- Professor of Atmospheric Science - Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science, School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds
Prof Murray researches nucleation and crystallisation throughout the Earth's atmosphere, in collaboration with aerosol and cloud modellers.
Major areas of research include:
- Role of ice formation in clouds and climate
- Heterogeoeus ice nucleation on aerosol such as mineral dust, soot and biogenic materials
- Measurements of the concentration of atmospheric ice nucleating particles from airborne, ship or ground based platforms
- Global modelling of ice nucleating particle distributions
- Aerosol-cloud interactions