- Interdisciplinary Lecturer, Departments of Chemistry & Geography - University of Cambridge
I am an Interdisciplinary Lecturer in Climate Modelling. I combine expertise in atmospheric modelling and volcanology to advance the current understanding of volcanic impacts and hazards.
My research, teaching and group are highly inter-disciplinary and our main objective is to quantify the impacts of volcanism on climate, atmospheric chemistry, and aviation in close collaboration with industry partners and policy-makers.
My research interests are:
- Tropospheric and stratospheric volcanic aerosol
- Icelandic volcanic eruptions
- Sulfur emissions from continuously degassing volcanoes
- Aerosol microphysical processes and radiative forcing of climate
- Palaeo-volcanism and mass extinctions
- Palaeo-climate: aerosol-chemistry-biosphere interactions