Urban transportation research in the University of Glasgow involves a broad range of research issues in surface transportation.
Although we are interested in many aspects related to transportation, our major focus is:
- Transportation policy and governance;
- Investigating the relationships between transportation, society, economy, land-use and the built environment;
- Active transportation and health, well-being and safety outcomes;
- Pervasive sensing and monitoring of traffic congestion and gridlock;
- Dynamic traffic modelling, simulation and management;
- Transportation and technology including Intelligent Transportation Systems, Computational Transportation Science and Urban Informatics;
- Cities science including big data, smart cities, "twinning" cities, connected vehicles and infrastructure, and complex networks.