Our vision and aims
What sustainability means to us
Safeguarding the natural environment while progressing toward equitable and just conditions for current and future generations.
Our vision for the Centre
- Infrastructure: Connecting services and disciplines across the University to create a single point of contact for strategy, policy, research, teaching, estates and other services (sustainability is an issue that touches all).
- Think-tank: Linking the creative energy and expertise within the University to the sustainability agenda, strategy, partners and practices (to seed innovation and progress).
- Resources: Providing infrastructure, community, communications and networks to help staff and students progress towards sustainable practices (ensuring people and groups are not working alone).
We aim to
- enable the University to lead and be part of the current global movement calling for sustainable solutions across all sectors.
- support, publicly promote, and help to coordinate the activities of staff (academic & professional) and students around sustainability.
- leverage Scottish, UK, and International funding and multi-sector partnerships for future calls related to the climate emergency.