||HAI Task Force National Advisory Group
|Aims and Purpose:
||Overseeing the outputs and agreeing the Annual workplan for SHAIPI, as developed by the Project Implementation Group, ensuring significant progress has been delivered on the aims of the Consortium and to assure that work is co-ordinated, best value and patient centred.
|Objectives and responsibilities:
||The Executive Management Group will be responsible for the collective oversight of the delivery of the SHAIPI outputs:
In doing this it will:
• seek assurance that there has been adequate progress against agreed annual workplans
• seek assurance that work plans are scientifically credible, patient focussed and achievable
• address delivery concerns, ensuring that all parties cooperate to deliver the high level aims of SHAIPI
• ensure decision making is timely, transparent, objective and evidence based
• report to HAITF National Advisory Group on progress and use of resources
• ensure key stakeholder involvement and communications at all stages of the programme including wide clinical/scientific/user involvement in supporting the work programme.
Chair Professor Tim Mitchell
• Professor Alistair Leanord (CI)
• Professor Jacqui Reilly (CI)
• Professor Tom Evans (CI)
• Dr Matt Holden (CI)
• Professor Chris Robertson (CI)
• Dr Alan McNair (CSO)
• Ms Abigail Mullings (SGHD)
• Public representative from Glasgow City of Science
• ICPT member
• Independent Clinician
|Decision making process:
||Decisions will normally be achieved through consensus. Otherwise, a simple majority vote may be taken.
||Quorum will consist of 4 members plus chair.
|Frequency of meetings:
||It is envisaged that the group will meet annually.
||Secretariat support will be provided by the SIRN Network Manager.
||The terms of reference and membership will be reviewed by the group annually.
|Conflict of interest
||All members of the Group will be asked to declare any conflicts of interest. Any action to be taken on the basis of these declarations will be at the discretion of the Chair.
When key decisions are being made, appropriate governance arrangements will be put in place.
||Records of meetings and the discussions held, decisions and recommendations made will be kept on file by the SIRN Network Manager in line with its normal practices. This information will be available to the public and other interested parties in line with current legislation.
The Executive Group will from time to time be asked to consider, discuss or review material that, for reasons such as commercial confidentiality, is required to remain confidential. Members will be clearly notified where material is of this nature and will, by virtue of their membership of The Executive Group and agreement to these terms of reference, agree to keep such material confidential.