- Can Online Civic Education Induce Democratic Citizenship? Experimental Evidence from a New Democracy. Steven Finkel, Anja Neundorf, and Ericka Ramirez. 2023. American Journal of Political Science, Early View. [Published Paper]
- How to Improve Representativeness and Cost-effectiveness in Samples Recruited through Meta: A Comparison of Advertisement Tools. Anja Neundorf and Aykut Ozturk. 2023. PLOS One, Forthcoming. [Accepted Version]
Working Papers and Works in Progress
Civic Education Interventions
- (When) Does Online Democracy Promotion Work: A Cross-National Experiment. Anja Neundorf, Steven Finkel, Aykut Ozturk, Ericka Rascon Ramirez. In progress.
- Civic Education and Regime Support Under Authoritarian Regimes: Lessons From Turkey. Aykut Ozturk, Steve Finkel, Anja Neundorf, and Ericka Ramirez-Rascon. To be presented at VWAR Workshop on 22 March 2023 and MPSA Conference on 13-16 April 2023. [Registration]
- Democratic Citizenship through Adult Civic Education? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Steven Finkel, Junghyun Lim, Anja Neundorf, Aykut Ozturk, and Daniel Shephard. To be presented at ISA 2023 Annual Convention on 15-18 March 2023. [Working paper]
Support for Democracy
- A Loyal Base: Support for Authoritarian Regimes in Times of Crisis. Anja Neundorf, Aykut Ozturk, Ksenia Northmore-Ball, Katerina Tertychnaya, and Johannes Gerschwski. Under review. [Working Paper]
- Conceptualising and measuring support for liberal democracy across the world. Christopher Claassen, Kathrin Ackermann, Eri Bertsou, Ryan Carlin, Sirianne Dahlum, Sergiu Gherghina, Yphtach Lelkes, Pedro Magalhães, Robert Mattes, Maurits Meijers, Anja Neundorf, Aykut Ozturk, Rodolfo Sarsfield, Ben Stanley, Tsung-han Tsai, Andrej Zaslove, and Elizabeth Zechmeister. In Progress.
- "This is not a democracy": Societal Characteristics and Citizens' Assessments of Democratic Quality. Sirianne Dahlum, Anja Neundorf, Aykut Ozturk, and Kristian Skaaning Fredriksen. In progress. [Registration]
- Trade-offs of democracy: Pitting Democracy Against Economic and Non-Economic Threats. Anja Neundorf, Sirianne Dahlum, Kristian Skaaning Fredriksen, and Aykut Ozturk. In progress. [Registration]
- Nostalgia and the Threat to Democracy. Ezgi Elçi and Anja Neundorf. In progress. [Registration]
- Authoritarian Nostalgia, Democratic Support and Radical Right voting. Anja Neundorf and Sergi Pardos-Prado. In progress. [Working paper]
- Democratization and Indoctrination. Agustina Paglayan, Anja Neundorf, and Wooseok Kim. In progress.
- Advertising Online Surveys on Social Media: How Your Advertisements Affect Your Samples. Anja Neundorf and Aykut Ozturk. Under review. [Working paper]
- Recruiting Research Participants through Facebook Advertisements: A Handbook. Anja Neundorf and Aykut Ozturk. [Handbook]
- Varieties of Indoctrination (V-Indoc): Introducing a Global Dataset on the Politicization of Education and the Media. Anja Neundorf, Eugenia Nazrullaeva, Ksenia Northmore-Ball, Katerina Tertytchnaya, and Wooseok Kim. In progress. [Working Paper presented at APSA 2021]
- How Data Collection Methods Affect Inferences: Lessons from Three Education Datasets. Adrian Del Rio Rodriguez, Wooseok Kim, Carl Henrik Knutsen, Eugenia Nazrullaeva, Anja Neundorf, and Agustina Paglayan. In progress.