Disruptions: Artistic Interventions in Public Space, Voices from the Kyrgyz Republic
Issued: Wed, 18 May 2016 09:32:00 BST
23-26 May 2016
11 am - 5pm (26th early closing at 2 pm)
Centrespace, Visual Research Centre, Dundee Contemporary Arts (Lower Floors), 152 Nethergate, Dundee
Art disrupts public space but how? DISRUPTIONS brings together examples from the Kyrgyz Republic of three art forms that explore interactions between personal and public space:
1. Fragmented Dream: Monumental Mosaic (1960s-1980s): A Photographic Exhibit –The School of Theory and Activism in Bishkek (Special Talk, Tuesday 24th, 1230-2pm).
2. Initiation: 10min short film – Director Furkat Tursunov. (Director’s Introduction,Wednesday 25th, 12.30-2pm).
3. Cataclysms: Fashion by Concept – Evgeny Boikov and Galina Boikova of g.b. concept fashion studio. (Special Fashion Presentation, Thursday 26th, 12.30-2pm).
Opening Reception on Monday 23 May, 6-8pm. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for free tickets
- Date 23-26 May 2016
- Time 11 am - 5pm (26th early closing at 2 pm)
- Venue Centrespace, Visual Research Centre, Dundee Contemporary Arts (Lower Floors), 152 Nethergate, Dundee