English, Welsh and Northern Irish students

The tuition fee you pay will vary depending on your fee status and your programme.

For many applicants, your fee status is the same as your current country of residence. However, not all cases are this straightforward. We use the information you provide on your application to determine your fee status, and will confirm this with you after you submit your application.

"I am a UK citizen and my home is in England (or Northern Ireland, Wales, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man) and I am studying in Scotland."

If the above statement applies to you then you will probably be classified as Rest of UK for fee purposes. RUK students are UK citizens who have been resident in the UK (outside Scotland) for at least three years before the start of their programme of study.

What financial support is available?

Funding for English students

If you are an English student looking to study taught postgraduate programme in Glasgow then you can apply for a student loan in exactly the same way as you would for an English University. Finance is provided by Student Finance England and you can borrow up to £10,000 (this is expected to rise to £10,280 for 2017-18) to help with course fees and living costs.

The postgraduate loan is available for both full-time and part-time study postgraduate study if you meet the eligibility criteria outlined.

For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/postgraduate-loan

Funding for Northern Irish students

From the beginning of academic year 2017-2018, postgraduate tuition fee loans for Northern Ireland students will be available. 

Whilst the exact details are yet to be finalised, it is hoped that Northern Irish students will be able to apply for non-means-tested tuition fee loans of up to £5,500, to help with course costs, from Summer 2017.

For more information visit www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/financing-your-postgraduate-course 

Funding for Welsh Students

From 1 August 2017, if you’re starting a full-time or part-time postgraduate Master’s course (taught or research based) you can apply for a Postgraduate Loan of up to £10,280 as a contribution towards your course and living costs.

You may also be able to receive a grant from a research council to help fund your postgraduate course. To find out more information on research councils contact the student support team at your university or college.

For more information visit the Student Finance Wales website.

Scholarship Database

The University, government agencies, research councils, charitable trusts and external bodies offer a number of scholarships, studentships and loans to help you undertake a taught postgraduate qualification. You can find up-to-date information on what's available through our Scholarship Database.

Our Graduate Schools

Our Graduate School web pages also have a wealth of useful scholarship and financial information.