Aims and intended learning outcomes
EUROSUD aims to build on your initial interest in the South European region and its role in the world to deepen and broaden your knowledge of key global trends and issues of which Southern Europe is at the forefront. It is designed for students with diverse disciplinary backgrounds, particularly in the humanities and social sciences and will develop your understanding of the region through a comparative and international perspective. You will receive multi-disciplinary training in area studies and international affairs as well as intercultural, methodological and practical skills development through multiple mobilities, placements, seminars, online courses and the summer school. The programme provides a platform from which you will participate in critique and discussion of relevant cutting-edge multi-disciplinary research, practice and policy designed to broaden your perspectives with a particular focus on the South European region.
The aims of the programme are to
- advance and promote the study of the South European region in comparative and international perspective through an integrated and coherent curriculum.
- provide a joint cross-cultural student experience within a European framework to strengthen equality, and increase active citizenship
- foster critical engagement with multiple disciplines and theoretical approaches
- offer innovative and rigorous joint research training online and offline
- promote employability and graduate analytical, practical and transferable skills.
The programme provides opportunities for you to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, skills, qualities and other attributes designed to prepare you for future academic and/or professional careers.