Institute of Biodiversity Animal Health and Comparative Medicine
College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences
Office 236D, Jarrett Building, Garscube
Research title: Biomarkers for the early identification of excessive soluble carbohydrate in the diets of ruminants
I am a vet in China and I also have 6 years of work experience in molecular biology laboratories. My research interests are mainly cattle immunology, dairy cow perinatal diseases. In particular, I am very interested in applying metabolomics and proteomics techniques to this field.
- Growth curve models using high-density bodyweight data for accurate parameter estimation in cattle.
- Effects of ammonia-treated cereal grains on growth performance, absorption of orally administered calcium boluses and faecal proteome of beef cattle.
A four-year PhD tuition waiver scholarship provided by College of Medical, Veterinary & Life sciences of University of Glasgow.
- A two and half year PhD scholarship provided by Chinese Scholarship Council.
- Oral presentation at 71st Annual Meeting of the European Federation of Animal Science (EAAP), 2020: ' Faecal proteomes of cattle fed on barley treated with propionate or ammonia.'
- Next Generation Dairying Workshop 2021
- Poster presentation at PROTEOMIC FORUM | EuPA 2022: 'The faecal proteome of cattle reveals a mix of bovine, plant and microbial proteins.'
- Oral presentation at BSAS 2022 Hybrid Conference The role of animals in human and planetary health: 'Accurate parameter estimation in calves using non-linear growth models.'