BSc, MSc, MBA, PhD Candidate
Research title: Managing Digital Transformation.
- Digital Transformation in the Public Health System
- Strategic Change Management
- Healthcare Management
- Information Systems and Data Management
- Systems Thinking and Soft Systems Methodology
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods
Natalia's PhD research is a cross-disciplinary project that contributes to the development of the management subject areas on the bases of the findings from the fieldwork conducted within the NHS (National Health Services) Scotland. The PhD research aims to explore the phenomenon of digital transformation in the context of the public health system. The research benefits from the qualitative methods of the primary data collection and data analysis, alongside the archival analysis of the strategy and the policy documents.
To support the PhD research, Natalia applied and was awarded with the College of Social Science PhD Scholarship, the College of Social Science Research Training Support Grant and the Scottish Funding Council Training Support Grant.
To enhance the knowledge of the National Health Services, Natalia completed the additional professional development training provided by the King’s Fund, Coventry University, Manchester University and the University of Glasgow Medical School.
To enhance the knowledge of the Health Care Management, Natalia applied and was selected to take part in the Research Incubator, which was mentored by the Health Care Management academics from the Academy of Management.
- ASBS-Radboud Summer School Scholarship (2022)
- Scottish Funding Council Training Support Grant (2021-2022)
- College of Social Science Research Training Support Grant (2019-2021)
- College of Social Science Go Abroad Scholarship (2019)
- College of Social Science PhD Scholarship (2019-2021)
Kapralova, N. (2023)., Digital Strategizing and Directionality of Temporal Processes. In: Organizations, Artifacts, and Practices - Annual Conference (OAP 2023), Barcelona (ESADE), 9-10 June 2023. (Accepted)
Kapralova, N. (2022)., Critical Systems Management: Information Standardization and Society. In: International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2022), ICIS TREO Talks, Copenhagen, Denmark, 10-14 Dec 2022
Kapralova, N. (2022)., Healthcare Digital Innovation: Complexity of Data Feeds. In: International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2022), Pre-ICIS Workshop, Copenhagen, Denmark, 10-14 Dec 2022
Fischbacher-Smith, D. and Kapralova, N. (2022)., Framing business schools as a socio-technical system: issues around complexity and emergence. In: The Operational Research Society (OR64), University of Warwick, UK, 13 - 15 Sept 2022
Kapralova, N. (2022)., Healthcare Digital Transformation: Systems Thinking Perspective. In: The Operational Research Society (OR64), University of Warwick, UK, 13 - 15 Sept 2022
- Managing Strategic Change Course (Engineering Pathways, PGT)
- Operations Management Course (Engineering Pathways, PGT)
- Delivering Performance Course (PGT)
- Research Methods Course (PGR)
- Customer Behavior Course (PGT)
- Awarded with the Postgraduate Certificate in Management Research Methods (Distinction)
- Awarded with the Associate Fellowship in Teaching (UKPSF)
- Reviewer for the Academic Journals:
- Public Management Review Journal
- Public Money & Management Journal
- Reviewer for the Academic Conferences:
- Academy of Management Annual Conference
- British Academy of Management Conference
- Student Representative for Management Subjects:
- Supports Adam Smith Business School PhD Community
- Contributed to the AACSB re-accreditation of the Adam Smith Business School