Room 2.20, level 2, New Lister Building
10-16, Alexandra Parade, Glasgow Royal Infirmary
Glasgow, G31 2ER
Research title: Obesity, weight management and inflammation
I am a medical doctor from Thailand, interested in nutrition in health and diseases. My research is focussed on several aspects around low carbohydrate diets in the management of type 2 diabetes. I graduated with a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from the University of Glasgow in 2016.
- B-Mag study: effects of vitamin b1 and magnesium supplements on glucose metabolism in adults voluntarily following reduced-carbohydrate diets
- Effect of dietary weight loss in patients with type 2 diabetes: an umbrella review of published meta-analyses
- Effect of diets for weight loss and type 2 diabetes remission: a systematic review
- UK Postgraudate Competition 2019, Nutrition Society, UK
- PhD scholarship, Prince of Songkla University, Faculty of Medicine, Thailand. 2016 - present
- Motivations to follow a low-carbohydrate diet in a sample of UK adults – a cross-sectional online survey (Poster). In European and International Congress on Obesity 2020 (ECO-ICO2020), Dublin, Ireland. (Virtual Congress) 1-4 Sep 2020
- 26th European Congress on Obesity 2019 (ECO2019). Glasgow, Scotland, 28 April - 1 May 2019.
Low-Carbohydrate Diets - challenges & opportunities for obesity & type 2 diabetes management and prevention (Oral presentation). In 13th European Nutrition Conference, Federation of European Nutrition Societies (FENS) 2019, Dublin, Ireland. 15-18 October 2019
- Low-carbohydrate diet score is associated with higher glycated haemoglobin: a secondary analysis of the UK national diet and nutrition surveys year 1–6 (Poster). In 40th ESPEN Congress 2018, Madrid, Spain, 1-4 September 2018
- Weight reduction following low-carbohydrate diets compared to low-fat diets: a systematic review and quality assessment of systematic reviews with meta-analyses (Poster). In 25th European Congress on Obesity 2018 (ECO2018). Vienna, Austria, 23-26 May 2018.
- Micronutrient intakes and plasma antioxidant micronutrients on low-carbohydrate diets – a systematic review. In Nutrition Society Spring Conference 2018, Glasgow, UK, 26–27 March 2018.