Hour Bike at Dumfries campus
Staff at Dumfries Campus can use bicycles hired by the hour from HourBike, when using them on University business.
1. Check out bicycle hubs and bikes available on the HourBike Dumfries webpage.
2. Contact the School Office on telephone number 01387 702001 to book a smart card and arrange pick up.
3. Pick up your card from the School Office when you will be also provided with a PIN number.
4. To use the cards, just hold them to the card reader on the console when prompted. You will need to turn the machine on by pressing the big silver button on the console.
5. You will be then be prompted for a PIN. Then follow the instructions to rent bikes.
You can return the bicycle at all bicycle hubs, provided that there are free locks.
There is a hub at Dumfries station as well as at Crichton campus.
In case there is no free lock, contact HourBike and lock the bicycle safely nearby. See FAQs