University of Glasgow degree parchments are issued in Latin and now contain an English translation at the bottom of the parchment. If you received a parchment before the English translation was included, organisations and potential employers may request that you send a copy of your degree translated into English. You can organise this by requesting a parchment translation.
- Graduates and registered students with previous degrees will be required to submit an application and pay a small fee. See below for further information.
Our parchment translations include a full English translation of the Latin text on your degree parchment. All hard copies of our parchment translations include a wet stamp and signature, we do not stamp digital documents. Please note that we do not produce or send copies of degree parchments, for this you will need to consult a Notary Public or the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Submit a parchment translation request form on our online service catalogue. You will receive an email confirming your application has been submitted, you will then be required to make a payment in order for us to process your request. Upon successful payment, your documents will be produced within five working days. Please note that during peak times our turnaround time may extend to ten working days.
£10 for one copy plus £1 for each additional copy. Delivery charges (if applicable) and payment methods are outlined below.
Delivery Charges and Payment Methods
Delivery charges apply to registered students and graduates depending on what options are selected on the application form.
|Delivery Option||Cost||Average Delivery Time||Notes|
|Collect||Free||Documents can be collected between 09:00 (09:30 on Wednesdays) and 16:00 Monday to Friday.|
Royal Mail First Class and Air Mail
|Free||Variable||UK and international delivery|
Royal Mail National Recorded Delivery
|£4.50||2 Days||UK delivery only|
Royal Mail International Recorded Delivery
|£8.50||5 Days to Europe, 7 Days International||International delivery only, item is tracked until it leaves the UK, requires a signature from the recipient|
DHL Courier Service
|£15||1-3 Days||International delivery only, item is tracked to its destination, requires a signature from the recipient|
- Call us on +44 (0)141 330 7000 between 9:00 (9:30 on Wednesdays) and 16:00 Monday to Friday to pay by Visa or Mastercard.
- Pay in person using Visa, Mastercard or Apple Pay at the Student Services Enquiry Team desk on level 2 of the Fraser Building during the times above.
- Post a cheque made payable to The University of Glasgow along with a payment form to the Student Services Enquiry Team, Fraser Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ.
- Post a payment form with your card details to the address above.
Please note that we cannot accept payment forms by email.
Can't find what you need from our knowledgebase or service catalogue? Get in touch with us.
Online: Submit a Help Request
(available to registered students only)
Telephone: +44 (0)141 330 7000
Level 2, The Fraser Building
65 Hillhead Street
Glasgow, G12 8QF