What is it?
University of Glasgow degree parchments are issued in Latin, and now contain an English translation at the bottom of the parchment. If you received a parchment before the English translation was included, organisations/potential employers may request that you send a copy of your degree translated into English.
You can organise this by requesting a degree translation.
Who is it for?
This facility is available to Graduates/former students.
We do not offer a degree parchment legalistation/certification service. Find out more about legalisation & certification service.
What it contains
A translation into English of the details contained on your official University of Glasgow degree parchment.
Cost & payment options
- By credit/debit card: using the payment form listed below
- By cheque: payable to 'University of Glasgow', by post or in person at the Student Services Enquiry Desk. (Please Note: No payments can be taken after 4pm)
- By cash: in person at the Student Services Enquiry Desk. (Please Note: No payments can be taken after 4pm) Please do not send cash in the post.
- By fax: +44 (0) 141 330 3542
- By post: Student Services Enquiry Team, University of Glasgow, Fraser Building, Glasgow G12 8QQ
How to apply
- Complete a Translation Application Form and send to us as detailed on the form.
- Complete a Payment Form and send with your application as appropriate
- Complete a and send with your application as appropriate.
Please note: for compliance we cannot accept payment forms by email. Please post or fax forms as detailed on payment form.