What is it?
University of Glasgow degree parchments are issued in Latin, and now contain an English translation at the bottom of the parchment. If you received a parchment before the English translation was included, organisations/potential employers may request that you send a copy of your degree translated into English.
You can organise this by requesting a degree translation.
Who is it for?
This facility is available to Graduates/former students.
We do not offer a degree parchment legalistation/certification service. Find out more about legalisation & certification service.
What it contains
A translation into English of the details contained on your official University of Glasgow degree parchment.
Cost & payment options
- By credit/debit card: Telephone +44 (0)141 330 7000. (Please note: No payments can be taken after 4pm). The University does not accept American Express or Diners Club.)
- By cheque: payable to 'University of Glasgow', by post or in person at the Student Services Enquiry Desk - (Please note: No payments can be taken after 1600).
- By cash: in person at the Student Services Enquiry Desk - (Please note: No payments can be taken after 4pm) Please do not send cash in the post.
- By post: Using this Payment Form - send to Student Services Enquiry Team, University of Glasgow, Fraser Building, Glasgow, G12 8QQ (Payment forms cannot be submitted by email).
How to apply
Full instructions are provided on page 2 of the Translation Application Form. You will need to:
- Complete a Translation Application Form and send it to us as detailed on the form. We can accept application forms by email or mail.
- If you are a former student and you have submitted your application form via email you will receive an automated confirmation of receipt within 15 minutes. Once you have received this email you can call us to make a payment over the phone on +44 (0) 141 330 7000. We accept Visa or Mastercard.
- Alternatively, complete a Payment Form and post it to us. Please note for compliance we cannot accept payment forms by email.
- Alternatively you may visit the Service Desk on level 2 of the Fraser Building and apply in person. We can take payments at the desk Monday to Friday: 0900 - 1600, except Wednesday when we open slightly later at 0930.