My Mental Health

If you or somebody else is in a life-threating situation, experiencing a crisis or in severe distress, please call 999. 

You may also contact Campus Security by calling +44 (0) 141 330 444. 

If you need to talk to someone now, call The Samaritans on 116 123.

I want to access support online

The Big White Wall

You can access free peer and professional mental health support online by joining The Big White Wall. 

Self-Help Resources

The University provides a library of information and resources to help you look after your mental health.

I want to speak to someone

One-off Counselling Consultations

If you would like to speak to a University Counsellor you can book a one-off 50 minute consultation.

Appointments become available at 09:00 on the day and are allocated on a first come, first served basis.

Consultations are also available in Mandarin.

Blocks of Counselling Sessions

If you would like to speak to a University Counsellor over a more extended period of time, you can register for a block of counselling sessions.

Be aware that during term time you may wait up to three months for your initial assessment appointment.

Peer Support

Peer Supporters are trained students who provide a listening ear to their peers, and offer confidential emotional and practical support. 

There are currently Peer Support programmes in:

Find out more about Peer Support.

I want to access help outside of the University

External Counselling & Support Services

You can find a directory of counselling & support services available beyond the University here: