New 24-hour confidential student helpline and app
Published: 15 December 2022
UofG has partnered with Health Assured to deliver a new 24-hour, confidential service to support students.
The University has partnered with Health Assured to deliver a 24-hour, confidential service to support students with a wide variety of issues.
All University students can access the free confidential helpline on 0800 028 3766 or using the App to discuss any difficulties they may be facing. Help is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with counsellors on hand to provide guidance and help students work through any concerns.
This service is designed to operate alongside the existing provision from our internal counselling and support teams. Colleagues at Health Assured have been provided with details of internal services and will signpost students as required.
App code: MHA240962
You can explore more information on the Counselling and Wellbeing webpages and access resources such as:
- Our programme of Wellbeing Masterclasses, which look at topics including Finding Motivation and Overcoming Procrastination, Stress Management and Mindfulness & Relaxation
- All students have access to Togetherall, a safe space online to get things off your chest and learn how to improve and manage your mental health and wellbeing.
- You can self-refer to Counselling and Psychological Services (CaPS) via their website for one-on-one support.
- Peer Wellbeing Support, a confidential, student-led listening service, where you can speak to trained peers on issues such as anxiety, stress, isolation or loneliness.
- Glasgow University Nightline is a confidential listening service operated by students for students.
The UofG Life app also provides useful links to health and wellbeing resources available to students. With easy access from your mobile, discover more on the services provided by Nightline, Togetherall and CaPS. You can download the app via Apple Store and Google Play. You can also access the app via the University’s app website.
First published: 15 December 2022