The University of Glasgow is ...
- ranked 5th in the Russell Group for student satisfaction (NSS 2019)
- ranked 2nd in the Russell Group for teaching (NSS 2019)
- 95.9% of students in employment or further study 6 months after graduation (DLHE 2016/17)
- ranked 151th-160th for graduate employability. One of only nine UK universities to be awarded a five-star plus rating (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2019)
- in the top 30 'most international universities in the world' (Times Higher Education 2019).
The city of Glasgow was the first UNESCO City of Music.
Scotland is the most beautiful country in the world (Rough Guide 2017).
Glasgow has been named as one of the top 10 best cities in the world and is ranked 1st for both friendliness and affordability (Time Out 2019).
Glasgow's Kelvinbridge has been named as one of the top 50 coolest neighbourhoods in the world (Time Out 2019).
Glasgow is the European Capital of Sport in 2023, becoming the first city to take the title twice.
Glasgow has been listed as the top cultural and creative centre in the UK (European Commission, 2019).
The SSE Hydro has been named the world's second-busiest arena venue behind New York’s Madison Square Gardens (Pollstar 2020).
Four UK venues are ranked in the world’s top 100 clubs, of which three are in Glasgow – the O2 Academy (14); SWG3 (68) and King Tut’s (70) (Pollstar 2020).