A ringing endorsement of our research quality was given in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.
- 81% of our research is judged to be internationally excellent or better
- Our research power is ranked 12th in the UK
- Our research intensity is ranked 15th in the UK
- Our percentage of research ranked as 'world-leading' has doubled to 31% since the last assessment in 2008
- Human Geography is rated best in the UK for 'internationally excellent' or better research
- Veterinary Medicine is ranked top in the UK for world-leading research
- Urban Studies is ranked first in the UK for outputs, with half of their submission being judged as 'world-leading'