Using external printers
Print framework agreement
The University makes use of a Scottish Government/Scottish Procurement framework agreement for litho/digital print services. There are 12 contractors on the framework.
- For spend under £3,000, you can approach a single source supplier on the framework. Remember to ensure that the supplier is capable of delivering the service you require. There is a list of Approved Suppliers.
- For spend between £3,000 and £25,000, a mini competition must be conducted with a minimum of three framework contractors invited to submit a tender. The University’s Procurement Office has guidance.
- For spend over £25,000, please contact the Procurement Office who will conduct this competition for you.
For all print jobs, you will need to provide a print specification for the suppliers which should include the following information about your publication:
- Trim size (eg A4, A5, 105mm x 148 mm)
- Orientation (ie portrait or landscape)
- Number of pages (include front and back inner and outer covers)
- Any special information (such as is there a flap on the front or back cover)
- Printing (eg full colour/CMYK or additional spot colours)
- Material (coated or uncoated, weight of material. Often a cover will be heavier than text pages)
- Binding (how will the pages be held together, eg stapled, PUR bound)
- Quantity (number of copies to be printed)
- Schedule (state when artwork will be available and when delivery is required).
A Print specification template is available.