Financial Health & Wellbeing
Financial Wellbeing From Salary Finance
Money can be complicated, and for that reason many of us don’t like to think about it. Salary Finance is an employee benefit that could help you worry less about money by making it simple.
Salary Finance offers:
- Money insights: a range of tips and videos as well as tools for budgeting and saving to help make money simple.
- Loans repaid through salary: Loans at affordable rates with higher acceptance than banks. A lower-rate loan could help you save money by paying off more expensive debt or allow you to pay less interest if you need to borrow money for a car, home improvement or unexpected expense.
- Please note, from Wednesday 14th September 2022, the loan APR range will move from 3.9%-19.9% APR, to 3.9%-24.9% APR. The representative APR will stay the same at 9.9%.
Find out more at home.salaryfinance.com/uofg
Important: This is an option, not a recommendation. The University of Glasgow does not benefit from offering this service and all your communications will be with Salary Finance. Loan applications will be assessed to ensure the loan is appropriate and affordable for you. “Learn” content is for guidance and educational purposes only and is generic in nature. Salary Finance does not offer regulated financial advice. Please seek independent financial advice.
Scotwest Credit Union
Scotwest Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in the UK, existing to provide ethical, competitive and fair financial services to anyone that lives or works in the West of Scotland area.
Scotwest offers loans, mortgages and savings accounts and Christmas saving accounts to members. The products are similar to those of banks; however Scotwest is a financial mutual and therefore is owned by its members with the money and profits from the company staying within the membership and not going external shareholders.
Find out more about how you can save and borrow with Scotwest through your University of Glasgow payroll.
Further information can be found on Scotwest FAQ's
Social Justice secretary Shona Robison is backing a campaign to increase uptake of saving schemes under a new Work and Save-Scotland banner.
Here’s a link to her speaking in the Herald about it recently:
Mark One Financial Services
Mortgage & Protection Specialist
Tel: 01698 283206
Normally £299 fee - University of Glasgow staff will not be charged this fee.
Mark One Estate Planning
Wills, Power Of Attorney, Trusts & Care Home Protect
Tel: 01698 283206
Tel: 07852 223634
Employee Assistance Programme - Health Assured
Health Assured is an external and independent service that offers personal support and practical assistance helping colleagues through challenging periods both at work and home.
As well as emotional support provided through video, telephone or face-to-face counselling. There is also access to information specialists for advice on personal matters such as legal, financial or debt and health and wellbeing concerns.
- Contact Health Assured on 0800 028 0199. This is a free and confidential service.
- Find out more about our Employee Assistance Programme provider Health Assured on our Health and Wellbeing Hub including access to online self help resources.
The University of Glasgow does not gain financially from any of these offers, nor does it endorse or guarantee any of the goods or services offered on these pages. You take up these offers at your own discretion and under your own responsibility.
Tel 0131 564 1940
Edinburgh IFA would like to offer all members of staff at the University of Glasgow the following discount and bonus.
When you use one of their independent financial advisors to take out any protection product, they willl:
1. Give you back 1 month's worth of premiums in cash.
2. Give 1 month's worth of premiums to one of our Scottish charity partners.
The protection products included in this offer are:
Life insurance, critical illness insurance, over 50s/funeral plan cover, income protection cover, private medical insurance and general home and contents insurance.
This offer also covers joint policies if you would like to include your partner and family members.
Please visit this page to arrange your free consultation and find out more: https://www.edinburgh-ifa.co.uk/staff-discount-glasgow-university/