Improve your skills quickly with our intensive Learn2 Swim blocks. These courses will teach you all the basics needed to develop your skills and increase your confidence in the water.
Learn2 Swim – Beginners 1
This course is designed for participants who cannot swim or have little experience in the water. Beginners will cover the fundamentals of swimming and water confidence, for example putting the face in water, body position and swimming with floats. By the end of this course, participants should be able to swim up to 10m.
Learn2 Swim – Beginners 2
This course is designed for participants who can swim over 10m of at least one stroke unaided (not using a float). It will cover correct stroke technique, timing, breathing and treading water. Participants will gain confidence swimming out of their depth and should be able to swim at least 25m by the end of this course (please note that this course does not include the butterfly stroke).
Please note, if you have completed one or more eight week blocks of lessons, you do not have to go straight into Beginners 2. Please only sign up for this class if you can swim over 10m unaided.
Learn2 Swim – Beginners 3
This course is a progression from Swim Beginners 2 and will help you to prepare for swimming up to 100m and attending the Drop-In swim fitness sessions in the future.
Safety Information - Please Read
Due to the danger of drowning, participants must have a strong understanding of basic English. This includes understanding instructions necessary for your safety. If you are not able to understand instructions, it will be at the discretion of the teacher as to whether you can continue or not.
Participants must turn up on time for lessons to ensure that sessions are safe, run smoothly and teachers are not having their lessons disrupted.
As this is a safety issue, the following rules are implemented on all our swimming lessons:
- If your session is 30 minutes long and you are 5 minutes late, you will not be allowed to participate.
- If your session is 60 minutes long and you are ten minutes late, you will not be allowed to participate.
- If you miss 2 or more sessions, a decision will be made by the teacher if you can continue in the block.
Please note that all these rules are in place as a safety measure and must be complied with. If you know you are going to be late or miss a session, please speak to your swimming teacher and inform them.
Upon signing up for lessons, you are agreeing to these rules and understand that a refund will not be provided unless it is a situation out with your control.
Conditions of booking
- Once enrolled, we do not offer refunds for Learn 2 courses that have begun, as we must source & pay for external instructors to teach the activities.
- Members can enrol online, at the Stevenson Building (main campus) or Garscube Sports Complex.
- Non-members can enrol the Stevenson Building (main campus) or Garscube Sports Complex or by phone (0141 330 4540 or 0141 330 5363).
- More information can be found in our Terms & Conditions.