From 1 January 2014 the University has been legally required to segregate all food waste that arises in our catering outlets and catered halls of residence and to have this separately collected.

Hospitality Services outlets have put in place dedicated food waste bins into which customers should place their food waste.

It is also a legal requirement that the University segregates dry, mixed recyclable waste and general waste that cannot be recycled. Hospitality Services outlets and the catered halls of residence also provide separate bins for the use of their customers for these waste streams.

Food waste bins are identified by the symbol

Food Waste (P) January 2014

Food waste that is generated for your own consumption in your School or office kitchen should be placed in the general waste bin.