All trips outside the UK, and any UK trips involving an overnight stay, or air travel, must be registered within the Travel Approval Portal (TRICAP). Registering of such trips is part of the University travel insurance conditions.

Low risk travel
No documents need to be uploaded but travellers are are asked to confirm that travel is judged to be low risk and within the general scope of the Generic Low-Risk Travel Risk Assessment.

Higher risk travel
For some trips where there is higher risk, upload of the Trip-specific Risk Assessment is required  before the trip is authorised. This will apply to a small minorty of trips.

Although SEPS can provide some advice on risk assessment process we do not have any role in the management of the Travel Approval Portal nor the approval process within TRICAP.