Dr Elizabeth Adams
- Researcher Development Manager (Research & Innovation Services)
I lead the University's Researcher Development team to deliver professional and career development opportunities for researchers in all four Colleges. This includes directing an annual programme of over 250 events, training programmes, competitions and other initiatives for PGRs, Postdocs, Supervisors and ECDP participants, to support talent development and enhance the staff and student experience.
I am the key point of contact for the University's HR Excellence in Research Award and was part of the national writing group for the 2019 revision of the Researcher Development Concordat. I represent the University on several national groups or forums to share practice and advance policy relating to researcher development, entrepreneurship and research integrity. I am the Convenor for the Universities Scotland Researcher Development and Training Committee and sit on the University's Gender Equality Steering Group.
Contact me about
- Researcher development for postgraduate research students and early-career staff (including the 3 Minute Thesis competition and PGR blog)
- Researcher development aspects of the Early Career Development Programme (including the Glasgow Crucible)
- PGR supervisor training (including the mandatory online training and optional CPD)
- Research Culture projects (including the survey and awards) and research integrity
- The HR Excellence in Research Award, the Postgraduate Research Experience Survery (PRES), and the Postdoctoral Researcher Forum.
I am a Chartered Manager with a PhD in Chemistry and a CIPD Certificate in Learning and Development, as well as over 10 years experience working in the HE sector. I previously worked on Educational Projects for the Royal Society of Chemistry, moving to the University of Glasgow in 2008.