Global Challenges Research Fund
The Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) is 5 year £1.5 billion funding stream, announced as part of the Government's 2015 spending review. The fund supports cutting-edge research that addresses the challenges faced by developing countries through:
- challenge-led disciplinary and interdisciplinary research
- strengthening capacity for research and innovation within both the UK and developing countries
- providing an agile response to emergencies where there is an urgent research need
The GCRF is administered through delivery partners including the Research Councils and national academies.
To help shape Glasgow's response to the opportunities afforded by GCRF, an oversight group has been established.
University of Glasgow GCRF Projects
Links and Resources
- Research Councils UK
- Official Development Assistance guidelines
- Global Goals for Sustainable Development
Good GCRF proposals need to have international partners - the links below provide some useful guidance on developing these links: