GCRF Small Grants Fund 2018-19
The Scottish Funding Council awarded £1,914,509 to the University of Glasgow (UoG) to be spent in 2018/19 on GCRF initiatives. The GCRF Small Grants Fund is an internal competitive scheme, which will allocate this funding to a range of projects across the University. All funding must be committed by 31st March 2019 at the latest.
This year’s allocation of funding will support four types of applications. Each application type will use the application form below. Applicants can apply for multiple types of activity, but must submit a fully completed application form for each project. The four call types are:
- Research Projects that have potential to develop into larger research initiatives through widening and deepening relationships with LMIC partners and conducting smaller scale preparatory studies. Projects can include funds to have LMIC-based researchers visit Glasgow.
- Meetings and Exchanges to develop and/or strengthen relationships with LMIC partners to progress potential collaborations. This can include exchanges of MPA, technical or research staff to create new research management, financial, or technical networks, or meetings to develop research ideas and strengthen collaborative partnerships.
- Administrative Support for existing research networks that are transitioning from nascent to self-sustaining.
- Capacity Strengthening ( e.g. training courses) to build research, technical and administrative skills in UofG and/or LMIC organisations to increase capacity to deliver collaborative research activities.
Please note that the deadline for submissions is 23:59 on Monday, August 13th, 2018
- Funding DOc - GCRF Small Grants 2018 Guidance and Call Details
- Funding Doc - GCRF Small Grants 2018 Application Form
Read the UofG SFC GCRF Strategy.
There will be two briefing sessions to give an overview of GCRF and this particular call:
- July 13th at 10:30 in Fore Hall
- July 23rd at 14:30 in Fore Hall
If you are not able to attend these briefings you can download a Funding Doc - GCRF Small Grants 2018 Briefing. We encourage all applicants to contact Mary Ryan to discuss your application - the selection team would like to see strong applications and Mary can work with you on this.