Research Staff Conference 16-17th June 2021
This annual event gives early-career researchers a chance to get practical advice on career development, publishing, funding, knowledge exchange and good research practice. This year we are delighted to welcome researchers from University of Strathclyde
The 2021 Research Staff Conference ran online over 16-17th June 2021, 10-12pm / 2-4pm
Tweets about the event: #UofGRSC21
Day 1: Wed 16th June
- Welcome from Chris Pearce: view the recording
- "Doing Things: a how-to guide for ECRs" by Emily May Armstrong: view the slides: UofGRSC21_EmilyMayArmstrong; view the recording
- ECRs in Action panel: view the recording; view Josie's slides: UofGRSC21_JosieFullerton.
- International Engagement for ECRs: view the recording
Day 2: Thur 17th June
- Professional Careers in HE panel: view the recording
- "5 Things I’ve learned about Fellowships” by Katie Rae: view the recording; view Katie's slides: UofGRSC21_Fellowships (ppt)
- Career Development by Rachel Herries: view the recording; view Rachel's slides: UofGRSC21_RachelHerries (ppt)
- Narrative CV workshop: view the recording; view Jane's slides: UofGRSC21_NarrativeCV.
- 15 min yoga break by Jacqui Burrow: view the recording
- UKRI: “Changing Culture around Researcher Development” by Nik Ogryzko: view the recording; view Nik's slides: UofGRSC21_UKRINik and responses from the session: UofGRSC21_UKRINik_SessionResponses.
- ‘Making a difference’...Research Impact and how the REF can help by Rose-Marie Barbeau and Helen Green: UofGRSC21_REFImpact
- Capturing your research impact and knowledge exchange activities by Bhoomi Gor: watch the recording; view Bhoomi's slides: UofGRSC21_BhoomiGor
- The Future is Wide Open by Mary Donaldson and Matt Mahon: watch the recording; view the slides: UofGRSC21_TheFutureIsOpen (PPT).
You can access the programme and presentations from previous conferences: