Researcher development for staff
- Managing conflicts (workshop)
- Myers Briggs type indicator (workshop)
- Negotiating & Influencing Skills (workshop)
- Introduction to Coaching (workshop)
- Assertiveness for Impact (workshop)
- Sulsa Researcher Development (workshops)
Employee and Organisational Development
Research governance and organisation
Fieldwork in complex or hostile environments
- Preparing for fieldwork in complex or hostile environments - Online course signposting to practical advice, resources, policies and support as well as some first hand stories and scenarios for you to consider. Themes include risk assessments, safety, travel advice & health and wellbeing.
Feedback on this would be gratefully received.
Presentation on where the money comes from to make the University work
Managing research projects
- Managing successful research projects (workshop)
Making funding applications
- Research Gateway
- Fellowships funding and support
- Guide to Fellowship Applications (pdf)
- ECR Fellowship writing peer support group (only for researchers in the College of Science and Engineering)
- Fellowships and funding resources and events from the III NERDS ECR group in the College of MVLS
- Impact statements in grant applications (workshop)
Each College has a team to suppport you with planning and managing research funding proposals and may offer training that is specific to the type of funder you are likely to interact with.
- Data protection office
- Introduction to DMP-online (workshop)
- Managing your research data (workshop)
- Research data management (resources)
- Data protection legislation & ethics
Research integrity and ethics
- Research policies
- Research integrity resources and links and Research Integrity workshops
- Research ethics contacts (training in this area is organised at School / RI or College level)
Careers advice and workshops
- Careers service (Katrina Gardner is the Careers Adviser for research staff)
- Career path case studies (post PhD)
- Career planning (workshop)
- CV's & cover letters (workshop)
- Job Interview techinques (workshop)
- Job hunting strategies (workshop)
- Getting the first lecturing job (report)
- Getting the first lecturing job (workshop)
- Career Management for Early-Career Academic Researchers (online course)
- Postdocs to Innovators - a European collaboration providing support and training for postdoc entrepreneurs
- Ingenious and Enterprising Women Scotland
- SULSA Careers Case Studies
Events and Talks
Postdocs in COSE and MVLS - Don't leave career planning to the last minute - join us on the first Friday of every month for a careers lunch, 12noon to 1.30pm on Level 4 of the Sir Alwyn Williams Building. Speakers are different every month. Lunch is provided. Contact Elizabeth Adams for further details of the speakers.
The College of MVLS run an annual careers workshop for PGRs. Research Staff are welcome to attend (no need to register). The next event is Wednesday 27th March 2-4pm in the Senate Room.
SUPA (Scottish Universities Physics Alliance) also have an annual careers event.
The III NERDs network also run regular careers events.
Engagement, influence and impact
- Glasgow Crucible
- Scottish Crucible
- Knowledge Exchange Events
- Public Engagement
- Planning your Research Impact (workshop)
- Research Impact - Making a Difference (MOOC / online course)
- MVLS - Communicating Research Programme
- Your digital footprint
Each College also runs its own Research and Knowledge Exchange workshops.
Teaching and supervision
Early-career researcher networks at UofG
- Network for Early Career Researcher Development (NERDS) - for early-career researchers in the Institutes of III and ICAMS
- Clinicians in Research Network - for clinically trained early-career researchers
- Early career researchers forum in the Institute of Health and Wellbeing
- Postdoctoral researcher forum - a university wide Forum offering postdoctoral researchers the opportunity to feed into University initiatives