New system for PGR reviews
Issued: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 10:00:00 BST
A new system for processing the Annual Progress Review (APR) for postgraduate research students will be launched on Tuesday 6 April, initially in the College of Science & Engineering and College of Social Sciences.
The postgraduate review process is the key annual process by which postgraduate students are assessed. Currently, this process relies on a series of manual steps facilitated by college and school administrative staff. The new system will move these online. The APR process will remain unchanged; however, forms will be accessed by students via a new link on MyCampus and by academics via a new link on the staff homepage.
What are the benefits of the new system?
The system will ensure the APR process is easy to conduct, maintains robust data and allows students and staff to focus on a high-quality review that supports the student in their studies. Some key features of the system are
• automated form creation
• live status tracker
• student dashboard
• academic dashboard
• form available and submitted via MyCampus
• automated email notifications.
What happens next?
• Each school will invite students to complete their APRs according to their own timetable.
• “How To” guides and a short training video will be made available this week via email to students and staff in the participating colleges.
• You will also shortly receive details of our training drop-ins, where a member of our technical team will be on hand to answer questions on how to use the system. These sessions will run throughout April.
We would like to congratulate the project team for their hard work and thank those who participated in testing and supported getting the system ready.