Photocopying - everything you need to know!
Photocopying Using Printers, aka ‘Multi-Functional Devices'
You can now scan, print and photocopy using the Multi-Functional Devices or MFDs on Levels 4-10 of the Library and in the McMillan Reading Room.
This is done by simply swiping a student or staff card over the ‘Pull Print’ logo on the printers, then selecting either Print, Scan or Copy. A photocopy, or a print of a scan, will cost the same as normal printing and credit will be taken from the patron’s print credit balance:
Mono (black and white)
- 5p for an A4
- 7p for A4 double sided
- 15p for an A4
- 27p for A4 double sided
Self-service photocopying facilities are available at the following locations:
£5 Photocopying cards, allowing for 93 copies, can be purchased from the University Library.
There are strict limits to what you may legally copy. Copying is permitted for research or private study, and the maximum allowed is a single copy of up to one article from any one issue of a journal, or up to 10% or one chapter of a book.
Copying for commercial purposes require copyright stickers (£15 + VAT per article) which are available on request from the Welcome Desk, Level 2, University Library.
- What is it? - We can provide copies of print materials held in the Library which are needed for research or study (charges may apply). Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Thesis copying - Many of our thesis are available free of charge from http://ethos.bl.uk - If an item is not available via the EThOS service we may be able to provide a digitized copy directly to you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about availability (a £20 charge applies).
- How long does it take? - Please allow 7 days for your request to be processed.
- What do I have to do? - Make sure that the item you are looking for is held by the Library. Remember, online versions of many books and journals are available.
- Contact for staffed services - Document Delivery Service - email@example.com