Fines and charges
A fine of £20 or more on your Library account will prevent you from borrowing, renewing or placing holds.
We'll send you an email before your items are due. If you don't return them on time, we'll send you email alerts advising you that fines are accumulating. When items are more than 35 days overdue (14 days for items borrowed from another library through Inter-Library Loan) you will be billed for the cost of replacement.
- Overdue high demand loans - 50p per hour - to a maximum of £10
- Overdue standard or one week loans - 5p per day, increasing to 20p per day after 7 days - to a maximum of £5
- Recalled items - 20p per day, increasing to 35p per day after 7 days - to a maximum of £5
- Overdue/recalled Inter-Library Loan items - £1 per day.
- Inter-Library Loan renewal fee - £5.45 per item
- Standard replacement cost of a lost book - £25
- Standard replacement cost of a lost Inter-Library Loan book - £185.50
- Non-collection/consultation of Inter-Library Loan item - £5
How do I pay?
In person - cash, credit/debit card or cheque at Library Services
Post - by cheque made payable to "University of Glasgow" send to:
Glasgow G12 8QE