In April 2019, Supportworks is being replaced by UofG Helpdesk
Service desk call management system.
- Supportworks analyst portal
- Download supportworks client (campus only)
- Supportworks quick start user guide (pdf)
- For further information contact the IT Helpdesk.
What is Supportworks?
Supportworks is the IT Helpdesk system which is used throughout the central and distributed IT support to log, track and manage all reported IT faults and requests for change.
- All Central IT Services
- College of Arts
- College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences
- College of Social Sciences
- College of Science and Engineering (partial adoption)
- Web team
- Learning and Teaching
- Finance system support and development team
So what does Supportworks do for us?
Supportworks' primary role is IT call-management, i.e. it provides a central repository where incidents/faults and requests for service or change to local IT environments can be recorded and progressed through their relevant life-cycles.
Analyst access available via
- an installed Windows client,
- a PDA client, or
- browser and platform independent web portal.
It also provides our customers with a web self-service portal where they can log, update and view the status of their open support calls.
In addition to this, Supportworks serves as a searchable knowledgebase which all support teams are encouraged to contribute to.