IT Community Forums
Lunchtime events (lunch provided!) and conferences for all the University's IT staff. Join the Distributed IT Community email list to hear about upcoming events.
12 April: UofG UX
Digital Content Officers Kat Husbands and Kelly Arnstein share two work-in-progress case studies.
9 February: GDPR
Intro: Mark Johnston, new Director of IT Services
GDPR: Gemma Tougher and Diane Montgomery
18 Aug: Summer conference: Future Proof IT
12 Jun: To patch or not to patch - that isn't the question!
Collegues from various Schools, Colleges and IT Services share their recent experiences with the 'Wannacry' vulnerabilities, engendering a conversation on how we could do more to mitigate risk and raise awareness.
- To patch or not to patch - that isn't the question! - Chris Edwards, IT Services
14 Feb: Mobile security & GDPR
- Mobile Device Encryption - Chris Edwards, IT Services
University laptops and other mobile devices need to be encrypted - what are the best methods, and how can we achieve this?
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - Stacey Harper, DP/FOI Office
Whether or not the UK leaves, the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply from 2018. Find out what the key changes will be.
8 Dec: Office 365
- Office 365 Futures - Diane Montgomery, IT Services
11 Nov: Desktop computing
9 Mar: Web Application Security
- Web Application Security - Chris Edwards & Steve Mcintosh, IT Services