Caorsin, Guilelmus: Rhodiorum historia (1480-89).
Ulm: Johann Reger, 24 Oct. 1496.
Fol. a-f8 g-h6.  leaves.
Woodcuts; woodcut initials; woodcut printer's device.
ISTC ic00113000; Goff C113; BMC II 542; Bod-inc C-049; GW 6003.
|Shelf-mark:||Sp Coll BD7-c.12 (see main library entry for this item)|
|Variant:||a2r, line 5: ‘... impuelrunt ...’ as GW Anm., not ‘ ... impulerunt ...’ as GW’s main transcription; h4r: with the printer’s device (lacking in some copies) – see GW Anm.; h5v, line 47: ‘... ſacri ...’ as GW’s main transcription, not ‘... ſaeri ...’ as GW Anm.|
|Provenance:||Sir Mark Masterman Sykes (1771-1823), 3rd Bt, of Sledmere House, Driffield, East Yorkshire: oval leather armorial book label, gilt, on front pastedown; lot 285 in 'Catalogue of the splendid, curious, and extensive library of the late Sir Mark Masterman Sykes, Bart. Part the third', (London: Evans, 1824).
Thomas Thorpe (1791-1851), bookseller, London: purchased book at Sykes sale for £8.0.0 according to the annotated copy of the Sykes sale catalogue in University of Glasgow Library (Mu37-d.7).
John Holmes (1800-1854), antiquary and librarian: gilt crest on both covers: out of a naval coronet a dexter arm in armour embowed holding a trident in fess (see British armorial bindings: <https://armorial.library.utoronto.ca/node/35630> accessed June 2019).
William Euing (1788-1874), insurance broker, Glasgow: source unknown; Euing’s armorial bookplate with motto “Audaciter” and an early Euing inventory number "12" on free front endpaper.
University of Glasgow: Euing bequest 1874.
|Binding:||England, 19th-century blue grained morocco decorated with triple gold fillets; gilt spine; marbled endpapers; gilt-edged leaves; pink silk bookmark. Size: 300 x 210 mm.|
|Leaf size:||289 x 199 mm.|
|Annotations:||15th/16th-century annotations in Latin in gatherings a-c (much washed out); price “£9.9.0” in pencil on first front fly leaf, lightly scored out and replaced by “8.8.0”; shelf-mark “L.l.96”(?) in pencil on first front fly leaf; pencil reference to another copy in 'Bibliotheca Spenceriana', vol. iv, p. 466, on verso of free front endpaper.|