Guido de Cauliaco: Chirurgia.
Add: Brunus Longoburgensis: Chirurgia magna et minor; Bonaventura de Castello: Recepta aquae balnei de Porrecta; Theodoricus Borgognonus: Chirurgia; Rolandus Capellutus: Libellus de chirurgia; Lanfrancus Mediolanensis: Chirurgia; Rogerius Parmensis: Practica; Leonardus Bertapalia: Recollectae super quarto libro Avicennae; Jesus filius Hali: De oculis (translated by Dominicus Marrochinus); David Armenicus: De oculis (translated by Canamusali de Baldach).
Venice: Simon de Luere, for Andreas Torresanus, de Asula, 23 Dec. 1499.
Fol. A-H8 I10 K-L8 M6 N-Q8 R-T6 V-Z8 AA-DD8 EE6 FF-HH8 II6 KK-MM8. , 2-269,  leaves.
Woodcut surgical figures.
ISTC ig00559000; Goff G559; BMC V 575; Bod-inc G-273; GW 11697.
The work 'De oculis' ascribed in this edition to Canamusali is in fact a compilation by David Armenicus translated by Canamusali.
|Shelf-mark:||Sp Coll Hunterian Bh.1.17 (see main library entry for this item)|
|Bound with:||The first of two incunabula bound together. Bound with: Saliceto, Guilelmus de, Summa conservationis et curationis. Venice: [Marinus Saracenus], 4 June 1489.|
|Provenance:||Philippus Begardus (fl. 1532): partially read inscription on A1r “Hunc libru[m] emptionis suae possidet Philippus Begardus(?) [...] anno v[ir]ginei p[ar]tus 1532”.
H. van der Voort (18th century), of Deurne: inscription on A1r “Eme, lege, fruere , selige H van der Voort van Deurn”; reference to Fabricius in the same hand also on A1r.
Bernhard Siegfried Albinus (1697-1770), German-Dutch anatomist; sale (1771), lot 140.
William Hunter (1718-1783), physician and anatomist: purchased at the Albinus sale; see Hunter's marked-up copy of the sale catalogue.
University of Glasgow: Hunterian bequest 1807; Hunterian Museum bookplate on front pastedown, with former shelfmark “T.2.8”.
|Binding:||16th-century blind-tooled quarter pigskin over wooden boards; the leather on the boards is decorated with fillets and with floral and rosette rolls; the spine is decorated with separate rosette stamps; two brass clasps (one lost) with catch-plates on upper cover; early title “Chirurgia pla[cen]tini” written in ink in top compartment of spine; list of contents headed “Chirurgia” written in ink on exposed wood of front board; front and rear free endpapers have a crown with diadem watermark; gilded leather tabs. Size: 328 x 225 mm.|
|Leaf size:||316 x 212 mm.|
|Annotations:||With several marginal annotations in black ink by the owner, Philippus Begardus, who has also added folio references to the contents list on A1r and has foliated the unnumbered leaf MM8 (‘270’) and continued the foliation on the first two leaves of the second item in the volume (‘271’ and ‘272’). Frequent underlining, ‘nota’ marks, and several marginal annotations (all in red ink) in the two tracts entitled De oculis, perhaps also by Begardus. Date ‘1513 octobris’ within a brief, otherwise unread inscription on rear free endpaper.|