Ardoynis, Santes de: De venenis.

Edited by Dominicus de Canali.

Venice:  Bernardinus Rizus, Novariensis, for Johannes Dominicus de Nigro, 19 July 1492.
Fol.   A-M8 N10.   [4], 1-101, [1] leaves, the first leaf blank.
ISTC ia00950000;  Goff A950;  BMC V 403 ; BSB-Ink A-667;  GW 2318.

Shelf-mark: Sp Coll Hunterian Bg.1.13 (see main library entry for this item)
Bound with: The second of two incunabula bound together.   Bound with:  Haly, Abbas, Liber medicinae, sive Regalis dispositio.  Venice:  Bernardinus Rizus, Novariensis, for Johannes Dominicus de Nigro, 25 Sept. 1492.
Provenance: Tomson/Trotter, Sislye (Cecily), 17th century:  inscription on N10v “miſtris ſiſlye Tomſon otherwiſe trotter”.
Sir Francis Prujean (d. 1666), physician - probable owner:  inscription on [*1v] of first item in volume “Fran: Pruiean”.
Sir Hans Sloane (1660-1753), Bt: acquired in 1709 and entered in Sloane’s library catalogues with his library number H539 (ex inf. John Goldfinch).
London, British Museum:  on [*1r] of first item in volume two stamps in black ink:  “MVSEVM || BRITAN || NICVM” within an octagonal frame, and “DUPLICATE FOR SALE 1769”;  lot 292 in the duplicate sale of 1769.
Sir John Pringle (1707-1782), military physician:  bought at the British Museum 1769 duplicate sale for £1.10.0 according to the annotated BL copy of the sale catalogue - shelfmark S.C.S.12(5).
William Hunter (1718-1783), physician and anatomist:  source unknown.
University of Glasgow:  Hunterian bequest 1807;  Hunterian Museum bookplate on front pastedown, with former shelfmark “B.4.17”.
Binding: England, 17th-century calf;  covers decorated with a border of blind fillets;  gold-tooled spine;  sprinkled red-edged leaves;  19th-century endpapers added, obscuring original pastedowns.   Size:  382 x 275 mm.
Leaf size: 375 x 268 mm.
Annotations: Frequent marginal annotations in 16th-century hands.
Decoration:

None.

Imperfections: None.

Ownership inscription in Ardoynis, Santes de: De venenis