Scottish Business Pledge
The University made the Scottish Business Pledge in October 2015.
The Scottish Business Pledge is a Scottish Government initiative aimed at building a shared ambition of boosting productivity, competitiveness, sustainable employment and workforce engagement and development.
The pledge is a voluntary commitment to uphold some of the best practices in modern business and to embrace the principles of fairness, equality, opportunity and innovation.
In making the pledge the University has demonstrated that it has met the core commitment of paying the Living Wage before fulfilling and/or making a longer-term commitment to fulfil the 9 components of the Scottish Business Pledge:
- Paying the Living Wage
- Not using exploitative zero hours contracts
- Supporting progressive workforce engagement
- Investing in youth
- Making progress on diversity and gender balance
- Committing to an innovation programme
- Pursuing international business opportunities
- Playing an active role in the community
- Committing to prompt payment
Further information and confirmation of our 'Pledge Partner' status can be found on the Scottish Business Pledge webpages.